¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Osteoporotic
Medical Definition of Osteoporotic
1. Pertaining to, characterised by, or causing a porous condition of the bones. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Osteoporotic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Osteoporotic
Literary usage of Osteoporotic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Guide To Clinical Preventive Services by U. S. Preventive Services Task Force (1989)
"Epidemiology of osteoporosis and osteoporotic fractures. ... Bone mineral content of the lumbar spine in normal and osteoporotic women: cross sectional and ..."
2. Osteoporosis Research, Education and Health Promotion (1993)
"Peripheral blood monocytes from osteoporotic subjects secrete greater amounts of lL-1 than do non- osteoporotic subjects. Histomorphometric analysis of ..."
3. Journal of Pathology and Bacteriology by Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland (1901)
"The entire os femoris is markedly osteoporotic, so that it breaks very easily everywhere ... The lower epiphysis and patella are also markedly osteoporotic. ..."
4. Guide to Clinical Preventive Services: Report of the U. S. Preventive by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"Epidemiology of osteoporosis and osteoporotic fractures. ... Prediction of osteoporotic fractures in the general population by a fracture risk score. ..."