Definition of Outbulk
1. to surpass in bulking [v -ED, -ING, -S] - See also: bulking
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Outbulk Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Outbulk
Literary usage of Outbulk
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Mediaeval Mind: A History of the Development of Thought and Emotion in by Henry Osborn Taylor (1919)
"His Commentaries upon Scripture outbulk all his other works taken together, and are compiled in this manner. So is his encyclopaedic compilation, ..."
2. A Short History of Freethought: Ancient and Modern by John Mackinnon Robertson (1899)
"... and the nineteenth century closes on a record of freethinking progress which may be said to outbulk that of all the previous centuries of the modern era ..."
3. Senescence, the Last Half of Life by Granville Stanley Hall (1922)
"So vital and rapidly growing are these bacteria that they would soon, under favorable conditions, outbulk the entire body. But while their numbers are kept ..."
4. Scottish Prose of the Seventeenth & Eighteenth Centuries: Being a Course of by John Hepburn Millar (1912)
"... if digested into one book, would have outbulk'd all Homer's works." The whole court wore mourning for him full three-quarters of a year together. ..."
5. The American Botanist edited by Willard Nelson Clute (1911)
"In some swales and marshes where hay can be cut in the drier years, they outbulk the grasses ten to one, and the hay passes unquestioned in the market with ..."
6. The Elementary Principles of General Biology by James Francis Abbott (1914)
"... almost if not entirely disappeared, and the intercellular substance is produced in such quantities as to outbulk many times the living cells themselves. ..."
7. The Works of Sir Thomas Urquhart of Cromarty, Knight by Thomas Urquhart (1834)
"... then, if digested into one book, would have outbulk't all Homer's works; some of them being couched in such exquisite and fine Latin, that you would ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Outbulk