Definition of Overcoats
1. Noun. (plural of overcoat) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Overcoats
1. overcoat [n] - See also: overcoat
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Overcoats Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Overcoats
Literary usage of Overcoats
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. En Repos and Elsewhere Over There: Verses Written in France, 1917-1918 by Lansing Warren, Robert A. Donaldson (1918)
"The overcoats of Blue I They 're soldiers of the finest, are the overcoats of Blue! You may take your men in khaki, Your men in brown and grey, ..."
2. Dictionary of National Biography by LESLIE. STEPHEN (1888)
"Dalyell § horses but of the men's long overcoats. They were armed with sword, pistol, and musket, for service on horseback or on foot, and consisted of six ..."
3. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1905)
"Final Clearance of Winter overcoats We have about GOO winter overcoats in the ... Oxfords In all our stock of winter overcoats, comprising some thousands of ..."
4. Correct Social Usage: A Course of Instruction in Good Form, Style and Deportment by George Rippey Stewart (1906)
"WHAT IS CORRECT IN overcoats The fur-lined overcoat is primarily intended for the ... HATS AND LIGHTER overcoats For autumn and winter the Inverness coat is ..."
5. Diary of a Southern Refugee, During the War by Judith White Brockenbrough] [McGuire (1868)
"We found to-day over five hundred splendid army overcoats. " The men are amusing themselves to-night reading letters, of which there were thousands left on ..."
6. Men of Our Times; Or, Leading Patriots of the Day: Being Narratives of the by Harriet Beecher Stowe (1868)
"... of the Blue overcoats— The Telegram for the Bodies of the Dead of Baltimore—Gov. Andrew's Tender Care for the Poor—The British Minister and the Colored ..."
7. The Civil War in Song and Story: 1860-1865 by Frank Moore (1889)
"... overcoats and 6 bata, 37 shirts, 3200 tracts, 2000 for the unconverted at Spring Hill." Gen. Rosecrans was eagerly looking over lite document when Gen. ..."
8. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1892)
"... their arms were also of every pattern and caliber; and they were so loaded down with overcoats, haversacks,'knapsacks, tents, and baggage, ..."