Definition of Overgives
1. overgive [v] - See also: overgive
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Overgives Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Overgives
Literary usage of Overgives
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Treaties for the Advancement of Peace Between the United States and Other by United States (1919)
"Betænkningen skal udfærdiges i 3 Eksemplarer, af hvilke eet skal overgives hver Regering; det tredje skal Kommissionen beholde til sine Arkiver. ..."
2. Reports of Cases Heard in the House of Lords on Appeals and Writs of Error by Richard Bligh, House of Lords, Great Britain Parliament. House of Lords, Parliament, Great Britain (1823)
"... and by thir presents " renounces, quit claims, and simpliciter discharges " and overgives, the reservations and clauses con- " tained in the said former ..."
3. The Revised Reports: Being a Republication of Such Cases in the English by Frederick Pollock, Robert Campbell, Oliver Augustus Saunders, Arthur Beresford Cane, Joseph Gerald Pease, William Bowstead, Great Britain Courts (1895)
"... presents renounces, quit claims, and simpliciter discharges and overgives, the reservations and clauses contained in the said former ..."
4. Cases Decided in the Court of Session by Scotland Court of Session, Patrick Shaw, Scotland, Court of Session (1837)
"... and overgives to and in favour*' the said Mrs Ann Vernona Simmons Gaskin Anderson, and the trustees &&• named, his jus mariti, right of courtesy, ..."
5. Decisions of the Court of Session: From November 1825 to [20th July 1841] by John Tawse, F. Somerville, John Craigie, George Robinson, Scotland Court of Session, Charles Gordon Robertson, Scotland High Court of Justiciary, Great Britain Parliament. House of Lords, Faculty of Advocates (Scotland) (1838)
"overgives, to and in favour of the said Mrs Ann Vernona Sim- ' mons Gaskin Anderson, and the trustees after named, his jus ' mariti, right of courtesy, ..."
6. The Works of the Right Reverend Joseph Hall by Joseph Hall, Philip Wynter (1863)
"Christ overgives both his words and intentions. It is the manner of that divine munificence, where he meets with a faithful suitor, to give more than is ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Overgives