Definition of Owner-driver
1. Noun. A motorist who owns the car that he/she drives.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Owner-driver Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Owner-driver
Literary usage of Owner-driver
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Revised Ordinances of the City of Boston: As Passed Prior to December 31 by Boston (Mass.) (1882)
"No owner, driver, or other person having the Vehicles not to care of a moving vehicle, shall drive or place said vehicle ..."
2. The Charter and Ordinances of the City of Boston by Boston (Mass.), Massachusetts (1864)
"No owner, driver, or other person having charge of any, licensed hackney carriage, shall leave such carriage and horses when harnessed, in any street, ..."
3. Massachusetts Reports: Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Judicial by Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court (1876)
"They also prescribe " the prices or rates of fare to be taken by or paid to the owner, driver or other person having charge of any hackney carriage," for ..."
4. Federal Statutes Annotated: Containing All the Laws of the United States, of by United States, Edward Thompson Company (1918)
"Whoever, being the owner, driver, conductor, master, or other person having charge of any stage coach, railway car, steamboat, or other vehicle or vessel, ..."