Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Padang Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Padang
pactum de non petendo
pad of paper
padang (current term)
Literary usage of Padang
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Travels in the East Indian Archipelago by Albert Smith Bickmore (1869)
"... or, as the Dutch prefer to call it, the padang plateau, is brought to be sent in praus to padang. On the evening of the fifth day the Apen- burg, ..."
2. Guide Through Netherlands India: Comp. by Order of the Koninklijke by Johan Frans van Bemmelen, G. B. Hooijer (1903)
"Above this the spiral curl of the crater smoke hangs in the blue air. And even between the little places Andermatt and padang- ..."
3. European Settlements in the Far East: China, Japan, Corea, Indo-China by D. Warres Smith (1900)
"The mountain scenery in the background and the large plan on which the place is designed, make padang one of the most pleasant towns of Netherlands India, ..."
4. The Asiatic Journal and Monthly Miscellany (1820)
"padang.—Java. , fire upon the Kraton and battery, under the cover of which the troops rushed to the assault. They found the outer gate open (a trap ! ..."
5. Two Years in the Jungle: The Experiences of a Hunter and Naturalist in India by William Temple Hornaday (1885)
"—padang Lake.—Cordial Reception at a Dyak House. JUST twenty-four hours after our interview with the Dyaks from padang Lake we started on an expedition up ..."
6. Library of Universal Knowledge: A Reprint of the Last (1880) Edinburgh and (1881)
"padang, the capital of the Dutch government of the w. coast of Sumatra, ... The padang flows through the town, but is only navigable for small vessels, ..."