Definition of Pain pill
1. Noun. A medicine used to relieve pain.
Specialized synonyms: Acetaminophen, Anacin Iii, Datril, Panadol, Phenaphen, Tempra, Tylenol, Acetanilid, Acetanilide, Phenylacetamide, Acetophenetidin, Acetphenetidin, Phenacetin, Amidopyrine, Aminopyrine, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Aspirin, Bayer, Empirin, St. Joseph, Codeine, Colchicine, Fentanyl, Sublimaze, Dilaudid, Hydromorphone, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Morphia, Morphine, Pentazocine, Talwin, Phenazopyridine, Pyridium, Darvon, Propoxyphene, Propoxyphene Hydrochloride, Sodium Salicylate
Generic synonyms: Medicament, Medication, Medicinal Drug, Medicine
Derivative terms: Analgesic, Anodyne
Pain Pill Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pain Pill Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pain Pill
Literary usage of Pain pill
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Great American Fraud: Articles on the Nostrum Evil and Quacks, in Two by Samuel Hopkins Adams (1907)
"which he manufactures, are plainly headed: "Each pain pill Contains 2 Grains Acetanilid." With touching generosity, the Mr. Beardsley's firm offers on its ..."
2. Never Tell Them You're Dying by Barry Morgan, Kerry and Barry Morgan (2006)
"Kerry would give me a half of a pain pill so I could take the chest pains while we were in the air. I would use my nebulizer when we landed and then take ..."
3. Select Works of the British Poets: In a Chronological Series from Falconer edited by John Aikin (1841)
"... read, conversed and reason'd, sang and phy'A \nd all were happy while the idler slay'd ; Coo happy one, for thence arose tho pain, Pill this engaging ..."
4. The Poetical Works of A. Pope: Including His Translation of Homer , to which by Alexander Pope, Homer, Samuel Johnson (1836)
"... his bed of pain, Pill Heaven by miracle his life restore ;) 510 joys Ulysses at the appearing shore; \nd sees (and labours onward as he sees) he rising ..."
5. Text-book of Materia Medica for Nursesby Lavinia L. Dock by Lavinia L. Dock (1897)
"Full view - About this book - Add to my library - More editions Google Book Search Help | Advanced Book SearchAbout Google Book Search - Book Search Blog - Information for Publishers - Google Home©2007 Google"