Definition of Palm-shaped
1. Adjective. Of a leaf shape; having leaflets or lobes radiating from a common point.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Palm-shaped Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Palm-shaped
Literary usage of Palm-shaped
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Class-book of Botany: Designed for Colleges, Academies, and Other by Alphonso Wood (1848)
"Palmate (palm-shaped), having five lobes, with as many reins (227) separated by deep divisions, so as to resemble the ..."
2. An Encyclopædia of Trees and Shrubs: Being the Arboretum Et Fruticetum by John Claudius Loudon (1869)
"Palmate, palm-shaped, divided so as to resemble oats. Papilionaceous, butterfly-shaped flowers, as those similarly disposed to that of many grasses, ..."
3. The English Rock-garden by Reginald John Farrer (1919)
"The leaves are palm-shaped and fingered, the dense head of flower-heads enclosed as it were in a frill of foliage aU feathered and slit. ..."
4. Official Catalogue of the Department of Fine Arts, Panama-Pacific ...by San Francisco (Calif.), Dept. of Fine Arts by San Francisco (Calif.), Dept. of Fine Arts (1915)
"Palm Shaped Vase. 34. Gourd Shaped Vase. REPRODUCTION OF YONG CHUN PORCELAIN. Wang Teh-chang. 85. Square Vase: Flowers of all Seasons. Hsun Tsong-li. 30. ..."
5. Official Catalogue of Exhibitors (1915)
"Palm Shaped Vase. 34. Gourd Shaped Vase. REPRODUCTION OF TONO CHUN PORCELAIN. Wang Teh Chang. 35. Square Vase: Flowers of all Seasons. ..."
6. Annals and Magazine of Natural History by William Jardine (1869)
"What have these features to do with the differences of structure we have mentioned in the palm-shaped fore leg, or in the length of the hind leg? ..."