Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Palmation Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Palmation
Literary usage of Palmation
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Records of Big Game: With Their Distribution, Characteristics, Dimensions by Rowland Ward (1899)
"... and the great length and simple form of the antlers, in which, except on the brow tine, there is scarcely any palmation. Reindeer heads are probably ..."
2. The Class Reptilia by Georges Cuvier, Edward Griffith, Edward Pidgeon (1831)
"J Green above, yellow underneath, spotted and marbled with black.t Certain species have the hinder toes, almost without palmation, but always greatly ..."
3. The Moose Book: Facts and Stories from Northern Forests by Samuel Merrill (1920)
"There are 9+11 points; the palmation measures 1oj^ inches right, inches left; ... The maximum palmation is 12^4 inches right, 15 inches left; ..."
4. Big Game Shooting by Clive Phillipps-Wolley (1894)
"I in.; height of palmation, exclusive of said points, 2 ft. ... It is, however, an inch smaller all over, except in width of palmation, than the i2-point ..."
5. The Sporting Rifle: The Shooting of Big and Little Game, Together with a by Walter Winans (1908)
"Also the palmation was disappearing ; but this is usual, as wild fallow deer in Scotland, which never have fresh blood introduced, have hardly any ..."
6. Annual Report by New York Zoological Society, Tennyson Society (1906)
"Of the nine heads which I have either seen or regarding which I have secured accurate information only two show any attempt at palmation. ..."