Definition of Pansinusitis
1. Noun. Inflammation of all of the paranasal sinuses.
Medical Definition of Pansinusitis
1. Inflammation of all the accessory sinuses of the nose on one or both sides. Synonym: pansinuitis. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pansinusitis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pansinusitis
Literary usage of Pansinusitis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. American Medicine (1921)
"Transillumination as well as the X-ray showed involvement of all the sinuses on both sides—thus we were dealing with a case of double pansinusitis. ..."
2. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1919)
"Bulimia, pansinusitis, acute rhinitis, pharyngitis and laryngotracheitis, caries of teeth, alveolar abscess. Complaint. The patient has to eat more ..."
3. Diseases of the throat, nose and ear by Daniel McKenzie (1921)
"MULTIPLE SINUSITIS AND pansinusitis We have constantly alluded, in dealing with individual sinuses, to the association of one or more ..."
4. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics by The American College of Surgeons, Franklin H. Martin Memorial Foundation (1921)
" pansinusitis; frontal sinusitis; with case reports. CN GELBER. Am. Med., 1921, ns xvi, 34. The technique of a radical frontal sinus operation which ..."
5. Manual of the International List of Causes of Death: Based on the Second by United States Bureau of the Census, Cressy Livingston Wilbur (1911)
"... resection (of skull) Osteotomy pansinusitis Parasitic disease of accessory sinus of palate bone frontal sinus jaw maxillary sinus Perforation of mastoid ..."
6. Surgery, Its Principles and Practice by William Williams Keen (1921)
"... child with localized purulent meningitis secondary to pansinusitis, with complete recovery after operation. Since then similar cases have been recorded, ..."