Definition of Parcel of land
1. Noun. An extended area of land.
Specialized synonyms: Baseball Diamond, Diamond, Infield, Center, Center Field, Centerfield, Left, Left Field, Leftfield, Outfield, Right, Right Field, Rightfield, Short, Railway Yard, Railyard, Yard, Desert, Oasis, Battlefield, Battleground, Field, Field Of Battle, Field Of Honor, Minefield, Breeding Ground, Clearing, Glade, Field, Field Of Fire, Grounds, Athletic Field, Field, Playing Area, Playing Field, Industrial Park, Grassland, Mud Flat, Parade Ground, Fairground, Midway, Fairway, Park, Parkland, Common, Commons, Green, Park, Picnic Area, Picnic Ground, Public Square, Square, Toll Plaza, Range, Sector, Land Site, Site, Subdivision, Mine Field, Terrain, Patch, Plot, Plot Of Ground, Plot Of Land, Lot, Yard, Yard
Generic synonyms: Geographic Area, Geographic Region, Geographical Area, Geographical Region
Derivative terms: Parcel
Parcel Of Land Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Parcel Of Land Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Parcel Of Land
Literary usage of Parcel of land
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1921)
"The said Cameron did not in his lifetime make any use on said 58-acre parcel of land, for any purpose, of any water taken from said stream above the town ..."
2. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1912)
"... deceased, the title and possession of an undivided seven eighths of a parcel of land in Sacramento county known as the rancho del Paso,' containing ten ..."
3. A General Abridgment of Law and Equity: Alphabetically Digested Under Proper by Charles Viner (1793)
"'Tis faid that land cannot be parcel of an office, nor an office parcel of land, but land may be appendant to an office, and an office may be appendant to ..."
4. Annual Report by New York (State). State Tax Commission, New York (State), South Carolina Tax Commission (1916)
"rates hereinbefore fixed, the sum of five dollars for each such additional lot or parcel of land. The plaintiff shall be entitled to tax and recover the ..."
5. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1917)
"State Land Company treated the- parcel of land lying north of the canal and the parcel lying south of the canal as two separate tracts and parcels of lands; ..."
6. Reports of Cases Argued and Adjudged in the Supreme Court of the United States by United States Supreme Court, William Cranch, Henry Wheaton, Richard Peters, Benjamin Chew Howard, Jeremiah Sullivan Black (1854)
"Another parcel of land of "Joseph Barrell, by deed duly executed on the 16th of June, 1792, viz. a certain piece of land, bounded and 0a~-\ measuring as ..."
7. Biennial Report by Michigan State Highway Dept (1909)
"Such order shall recite the names of the persons mentioned in the petition, the descriptions of each parcel of land and state the purpose of the petition. ..."
8. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Court of Queen's Bench: And by Great Britain Court of King's Bench, Charles James Gale, Court of Exchequer Chamber, Great Britain Court of Exchequer Chamber, Henry Davison, Court of King's Bench, Great Britain (1843)
"Whereupon the lord granted all that parcel of land aforesaid, called News, otherwise Sutton's garden, and all that other parcel of land called Stocks' ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Parcel of land