Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pareu Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pareu
Literary usage of Pareu
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Vision: A Magazine for Youth (1894)
"Some with only the inevitable pareu on. which leaves all above the waist, ... Others wore a shawl thrown over their shoulders, some a second pareu in lieu ..."
2. Narrative of the United States Exploring Expedition, During the Years 1838 by Charles Wilkes (1852)
"Others luxuriate in a pair of duck trowsers, and carry the pareu upon their ... On ordinary occasions, they wear the pareu alone ; but when dressed, ..."
3. Polynesian Researches, During a Residence of Nearly Eight Years in the by William Ellis (1831)
"On the outside of this, they wore the pareu round the waist, ... When the loose European dress was white, the pareu, worn.round the waist on the outside of ..."
4. Polynesian Researches During a Residence of Nearly Eight Years in the by William Ellis (1853)
"On the outside of this, they wore the pareu round the waist, ... When the loose European dress was white, the pareu, worn round the waist on the outside of ..."
5. Odd People: Being a Popular Description of Singular Races of Man by Mayne Reid (1861)
"Tongan-fashion, the pareu is a sort of tunic, and a most graceful garment to boot; Methodist fashion, it becomes a gown or rather a sleeveless wrapper that ..."