Definition of Past times
1. Noun. The time that has elapsed. "Forget the past"
Generic synonyms: Time
Specialized synonyms: Yore, Bygone, Water Under The Bridge, Old, History, Time Immemorial, Time Out Of Mind, Auld Langsyne, Good Old Days, Langsyne, Old Times, Yesterday
Past Times Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Past Times Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Past Times
Literary usage of Past times
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon (1816)
"citizen might apply, to his contemporaries or himself, CHAP. the lesson or the warning of past times. From the au- ' '" '• gust character of a legislator, ..."
2. News from Nowhere: An Epoch of Rest, Being Some Chapters from a Utopian Romance by William Morris (1891)
"... OF past times. OO on we went, Dick rowing in an easy, tireless ^ way, and Clara sitting by my side, admiring his manly beauty and heartily good-natured ..."
3. London by Charles Knight (1851)
"... yet the district to which the name of Clerkenwell was more particularly attached in past times is that immediately surrounding the Green, the Close, ..."
4. An Essay on the Principle of Population: Or, A View of Its Past and Present by Thomas Robert Malthus (1817)
"BOOK I. OF THE CHECKS TO POPULATION IN THE LESS CIVILIZED PARTS OF THE WORLD AND IN past times. CHAP. I. Statement of the Subject. Ratios of the Increase of ..."