Definition of Paying back
1. Noun. A reciprocal group action. "In return we gave them as good as we got"
Generic synonyms: Group Action
Specialized synonyms: Payment, Requital, Retaliation, Revenge, Reciprocation, Tit For Tat
Paying Back Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Paying Back Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Paying Back
Literary usage of Paying back
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Aristophanes' Apology: Including a Transcript from Euripides Being the Last by Robert Browning (1875)
"paying back thy due, Resign thee ! make, for deeds done, mere amends ! Who was it grazed the gods through lawlessness— Mortal himself, ..."
2. Production; a Study in Economics by Peter Harboe Castberg (1907)
"PERMANENT FALLS IN THE DEPOSITS ARE CAUSED BY WITHDRAWALS DESTINED FOR THE PAYING BACK OF DEBT IN THE BANKS. There is a kind of withdrawal different from ..."
3. Transactions of the American Dental Association at Its ... Annual Session by American Dental Association (1886)
"By consent Dr. AT Metcalf, of Kalamazoo, was allowed to state his objections to paying back dues. After some discussion the matter was referred to the ..."
4. Apollyon and the Reaction of the Slavonians: With a Review of the Political by Frederick Thomas Buller (1847)
"... will eagerly avail themselves of any occasion that may present itself, of paying back to their oppressors the contempt which they have heaped on them. ..."
5. The Weekly Reporter by David Sutherland, India High Court (Calcutta, India), Great Britain Privy Council. Judicial Committee (1892)
"Mis. by the paying back of the amount in •tlr instalments of Ks. 100. He further •es that defendant No. i bought one anna me right and title in the share in ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Paying back