Definition of Pea tree
1. Noun. Any plant of the genus Caragana having even-pinnate leaves and mostly yellow flowers followed by seeds in a linear pod.
Group relationships: Genus Caragana
Specialized synonyms: Caragana Arborescens, Siberian Pea Tree, Caragana Sinica, Chinese Pea Tree
Generic synonyms: Bush, Shrub
Pea Tree Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pea Tree Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pea Tree
Literary usage of Pea tree
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Minnesota Horticulturist by Minnesota State Horticultural Society (1900)
"Along the Neva river, front of the Imperial Botanic Gardens, at St. Petersburg, is a pretty hedge of this plant. In the The Siberian Pea-Tree (Caragana ..."
2. Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden by New York Botanical Garden (1908)
"Across the transverse driveway to the north, and directly on the opposite side, will be found the pea family. Here are various species of the pea-tree : the ..."
3. Manual of Gardening: A Practical Guide to the Making of Home Grounds and the by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1916)
"... Siberian pea-tree, Caragana arborescens.% Flowers pea-like, yellow, in May; ... Large-flowered pea-tree, C. grandiflora.% Larger-flowered than the last, ..."
4. Ornamental Shrubs of the United States (hardy, Cultivated) by Austin Craig Apgar (1910)
"This is the SIBERIAN pea tree (143) — Caragana arborescens, — which may grow ... SMALL-BLADED pea tree (144) — Caragana microphylla— grows 4 to 0 feet high, ..."