Definition of Peach pit
1. Noun. The stone seed of a peach.
Peach Pit Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Peach Pit Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Peach Pit
Literary usage of Peach pit
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Plant Propagation: Greenhouse and Nursery Practice by Maurice Grenville Kains (1916)
"Many others might he adduced. 9. Stock affects eating qualities of fruit on cion. Larger, crisper, FIG. ISO—peach pit PLANTER ..."
2. The New Englander by William Lathrop Kingsley (1881)
"But no ! there is a peach pit still surviving, a germinal meat. the heart ... It is the peach pit, the on-living heart of the dead peach, coming forth to u ..."
3. New Englander and Yale Review by Edward Royall Tyler, William Lathrop Kingsley, George Park Fisher, Timothy Dwight (1881)
"But no! there is a peach pit still surviving, a germinal meat, the heart of the ... True the soul-germ is not, like the peach pit, visible to consciousness ..."
4. Anthropological Papers of the American Museum of Natural History by American Museum of Natural History (1910)
"It thus seems that the markings were either not made with a peach pit or that the pottery was made since the discovery of America and the introduction of ..."
5. Foundation Lessons in English by Oscar Israel Woodley, Myra Soper Woodley (1901)
"If you plant the peach pit, will the seed grow ? Read the sentences you "have written, and choose from each pair the one you like the better to be used in ..."
6. Visual Education: Teachers' Guide to Keystone "Primary Set." by Keystone View Company (1920)
"When the peach pit is planted the hard shell pushes apart like magic and very soon after the seed ... Do you think that an almond looks like a peach pit? ..."
7. Journal by California Legislature (1905)
"Peach-Pit Kernels.—Uncleaned, flavor very pronounced, taste bitter and too strong to admit of the use of much of them in paste-making; the probability is ..."