Definition of Pensions
1. Noun. (plural of pension) ¹
2. Verb. (third-person singular of pension) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Pensions
1. pension [v] - See also: pension
Medical Definition of Pensions
1. Fixed sums paid regularly to individuals. (12 Dec 1998)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pensions Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pensions
Literary usage of Pensions
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by H.W. Wilson Company (1915)
"Nation 101: 327 Ag 19 '15 pensions Pension funds for public service employes. L: Roth. Survey 35:109-10 O 30 '15 See also ..."
2. The North American Review by Edward Everett, James Russell Lowell, Henry Cabot Lodge (1891)
"GREEN B. RAUM, UNITED STATES COMMISSIONER OF pensions. THE attention of the country has been particularly attracted to the subject of pensions by the ..."
3. Public Affairs Information Service Bulletin by Public Affairs Information Service (1920)
"Bilbo recommends appropriations for confederate pensions and the support of ... pensions for militia organizations of the several states: report [to ..."
4. The Cambridge Modern History by Adolphus William Ward, George Walter Prothero (1907)
"The most questionable item is that of pensions. pensions were not only used to reward services, and gratify courtiers, but were also given on a large scale ..."
5. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by Anna Lorraine Guthrie, Marion A. Knight, H.W. Wilson Company, Estella E. Painter (1920)
"R Deux Mondes 6 per 53:165-6 S 1 '19 pensions pensions for public employées. ... Nat Munie R 7:14-19 Ja '18 pensions, Old age. See Old age pensions pensions ..."
6. The Constitutional History of England Since the Accession of George the Third by Thomas Erskine May (1899)
"This Act fully recognized the principles of Mr. Burke's plan : it affirmed almost in his very words, that by the usage of granting secret pensions during ..."
7. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"Municipal pensions.— In the United States the only municipal pension systems are for ... The city of Rochester, NY, also pensions the widows and children of ..."