Definition of Pentobarbital sodium
1. Noun. A barbiturate (trade name Nembutal) used as a sedative and hypnotic and antispasmodic.
Generic synonyms: Barbiturate
Language type: Trade Name
Pentobarbital Sodium Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pentobarbital Sodium Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pentobarbital Sodium
Literary usage of Pentobarbital sodium
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Recognition & Management of Pesticide Poisoning by Donald P. Morgan (1989)
"pentobarbital sodium is an intermediate acting barbiturate that is sometimes ... Dosage of pentobarbital sodium: Adults and children over 12 years: 200-500 ..."
2. Technologies for Understanding and Preventing Substance Abuse and Addiction by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"Examples 1. Beer. 2. Wine. 3. "Hard" liquor (eg, whiskey, gin). 1. Barbiturates ("downers" or "barbs"): pentobarbital sodium[ ..."
3. Mammalian Models for Research on Aging by Bennett J. Cohen, Institute Of Laboratory Animal Resources, National Research Council Staff (1981)
"The most widely used barbiturate, pentobarbital sodium (approximately 25 mg/kg), may be used safely for anesthesia provided it is administered slowly. ..."
4. Code of Federal Regulations by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Staff (2005)
"Morphine sulfate. As an injectable for dogs, not in excess of 15 milligrams per dosage unit. pentobarbital sodium. For oral use in cats and ..."