Definition of Peponium
1. pepo [n -S] - See also: pepo
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Peponium Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Peponium
Literary usage of Peponium
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1916)
"Species about a dozen in Trop, and S. Afr. Because of an earlier genus of the same name, Engler has proposed the name peponium for this group. ..."
2. Rhodora by New England Botanical Club (1907)
"... and peponium, Iria and Iris. Recommendations. XXX. The liberty of making orthographic corrections must be used with reserve, especially if the change ..."
3. Orchidaceae: Illustrations and Studies of the Family Orchidaceae by Oakes Ames (1915)
"... and peponium, Iria and Iris. In Recommendation xxx under Article 57, cases are cited where names differ in spelling by one letter in or near the middle, ..."
4. The International Cyclopedia: A Compendium of Human Knowledge, Rev. with by Selim Hobart Peabody, Charles Francis Richardson (1898)
"... at first have 3 to 5 compartments, but when ripe, generally consist of only one compartment, are distinctively designated by the term pepo, peponium, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Peponium