Definition of Pepper vine
1. Noun. Any of various shrubby vines of the genus Piper.
Generic synonyms: Vine
Group relationships: Genus Piper, Piper
Specialized synonyms: Black Pepper, Common Pepper, Madagascar Pepper, Pepper, Piper Nigrum, White Pepper, Long Pepper, Piper Longum, Betel, Betel Pepper, Piper Betel, Cubeb, Cubeb Vine, Java Pepper, Piper Cubeba
Pepper Vine Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pepper Vine Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pepper Vine
Literary usage of Pepper vine
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Travels in the Coastlands of British East Africa and the Islands of Zanzibar by William Walter Augustine Fitzgerald (1898)
"... Cacao, the Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Pimento, the pepper vine, and Ginger. i. The cultivation of FIBRES forms an important question for Zanzibar. ..."
2. The Monthly Review by Ralph Griffiths (1811)
"The pepper vine begins to bear at six years of age ; in four years more it is in full perfection, ..."
3. The Indian Forester (1899)
"The pepper vine is very susceptible to drought, which often proves fatal. Rain and fog in the cold weather cause the leaves to fall off, ..."
4. Tropical Agriculture: A Treatise on the Culture, Preparation, Commerce and by Peter Lund Simmonds (1889)
"Much experience is required as to the proper time for gathering. The trees which are generally selected in Malabar to support and shade the pepper vine ..."
5. Select Reviews of Literature, and Spirit of Foreign Magazines edited by Enos Bronson (1809)
"Among the vegetables of India in which we are most interested, as being most familiar to us, the pepper vine must be included. ..."