Definition of Peptising
1. peptise [v] - See also: peptise
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Peptising Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Peptising
Literary usage of Peptising
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Chemistry of Colloids by Richard Zsigmondy, Ellwood Barker Spear, John Foote Norton (1917)
"1. Uranium hydrate thorium peptoid. 2. Thorium hydrate uranyl peptoid. The first is made by peptising uranyl hydrate with thorium nitrate; the second by ..."
2. Report on Colloid Chemistry and Its General and Industrial Applications by Great Britain (1919)
"Merely evaporating on a water-bath is not always sufficient. 2. Addition of peptising Agent.—Instead of washing out a precipitating ..."
3. The Physical Properties of Colloidal Solutions by Eli Franklin Burton (1921)
"On account of bearing a charge similar to the colloidal particle, this ion possesses a peptising effect, and only a theory which takes this into account can ..."
4. A System of Physical Chemistry by William Cudmore McCullagh Lewis, James Rice (1921)
"A particularly interesting case is met with in the peptising effect of a colloid which has already been ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Peptising