Definition of Peptonic
1. peptone [adj] - See also: peptone
Medical Definition of Peptonic
1. Relating to or containing peptone. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Peptonic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Peptonic
Literary usage of Peptonic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. American Medical Journal (1888)
"peptonic ELIXIR.—The problem of a thoroughly satisfactory Liquid Pepsine has been solved by the Mellier Drug Company, who can guarantee, in presenting their ..."
2. The Treatment and prophylaxis of syphilis by Alfred Fournier, George Miller MacKee (1907)
"There exist many albuminous or peptonic compounds holding mercury in solution, but the proportion of the metal varies with each substance employed and with ..."
3. An Abridged Therapy: Manual for the Biochemical Treatment of Disease by Wilhelm Heinrich Schuessler (1898)
"Now when the epithelial cells of the peptonic glands are deficient in salt, and in consequence there is no hydrochloric acid formed, then the alkaline mucus ..."