Definition of Peripatidae
1. Noun. A family of Onychophora.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Family
Group relationships: Class Onychophora, Onychophora
Member holonyms: Genus Peripatus, Genus Plicatoperipatus, Plicatoperipatus
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Peripatidae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Peripatidae
Literary usage of Peripatidae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Manual of the Common Invertebrate Animals: Exclusive of Insects by Henry Sherring Pratt (1916)
"FAMILY peripatidae. Sexual orifice between the penultimate pair of legs; 14 annulations to a somite on the back: tropical America; East Indies; ..."
2. Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy by Royal Irish Academy (1904)
"... affinities of the peripatidae has led many students to look upon those worm-like creatures as indicating the probable ancestors of Millipedes, ..."
3. Journal of the Straits Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society by Royal Asiatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland Straits Branch (1901)
"Containing the single family peripatidae, now divided into about four genera. A single specimen is on record from Sumatra, and Mr. HN Ridley informs me that ..."
4. Annales de la Société entomologique de France by Société entomologique de France (1902)
"... F. L L. — On the South African Species of peripatidae in the Collection of the South African Museum. Ann. of the South African Museum.vol. I, part. 2. ..."