Definition of Person hour
1. Noun. A time unit used in industry for measuring work.
Group relationships: Workday, Working Day
Generic synonyms: 60 Minutes, Hour, Hr
Person Hour Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Person Hour Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Person Hour
Literary usage of Person hour
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Alternative Wastewater Collection Systems Manual (1994)
"The annual person-hour requirements are made up of normal, preventive, ... Person-Hour Estimating Factors Low High Average For normal maintenance, ..."
2. OECD Economics Glossary: English-French = Glossaire de L'économie de L'OCDE by Oecd (2006)
"... GES] operator-hour heure d'opérateur [GES] person-hour syn. man-hour д.v. reduction in working hours syn. shorter working time réduction du temps de ..."
3. Rapid Visual Screening of Buildings for Potential Seismic Hazards (1993)
"... typically would occur on the spot, with perhaps two to four "average" buildings being reviewed per person-hour (ie, to 30 person-minutes per building). ..."
4. Rising Above the Gathering Storm: Energizing And Employing America for a by Cosepup, National Academy of Engineering, Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences (2007)
"Over the last half-century, yields per acre have increased about 2.5 times,4 and overall output per person-hour has increased ..."