Definition of Peruvian mastic tree
1. Noun. Small Peruvian evergreen with broad rounded head and slender pendant branches with attractive clusters of greenish flowers followed by clusters of rose-pink fruits.
Group relationships: Genus Schinus, Schinus
Generic synonyms: Tree
Peruvian Mastic Tree Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Peruvian Mastic Tree Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Peruvian Mastic Tree
Literary usage of Peruvian mastic tree
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1917)
"PERUVIAN MASTIC-TREE. CALIFORNIAN PEPPER-TREE. Figs. 3567, 3568. Evergreen tree, 20 ft. and more, with rounded outline and graceful, pendulous branchlets ..."
2. Plant Names, Scientific and Popular, Including in the Case of Each Plant the by Albert Brown Lyons (1900)
"Pepper-tree, Chili Pepper* (California), Peruvian Mastic-tree, Pepper shrub. Fruit pungent, used in Chili to prepare a wine. 1800. ..."
3. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"PEPPER-TREE, PERUVIAN MASTIC- TREE, or PEA-TREE, several species of the genus Schinus of the family ..."
4. The Americana: A Universal Reference Library, Comprising the Arts and ...edited by Frederick Converse Beach, George Edwin Rines edited by Frederick Converse Beach, George Edwin Rines (1912)
"Pepper-tree, Peruvian Mastic-tree, or Pea- tree, several species of the genus Schinus of the order ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Peruvian mastic tree