Definition of Peshawar
1. Noun. City in northern Pakistan at the eastern end of the Khyber Pass.
Group relationships: Islamic Republic Of Pakistan, Pakistan, West Pakistan
Definition of Peshawar
1. Proper noun. The capital of North West Frontier Province, Pakistan, situated near Federally Administered Tribal Areas. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Peshawar Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Peshawar
Literary usage of Peshawar
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Americana: A Universal Reference Library, Comprising the Arts and ...edited by Frederick Converse Beach, George Edwin Rines edited by Frederick Converse Beach, George Edwin Rines (1912)
"The capital of the province is the ancient city of peshawar, ... Outside the native city of peshawar there is a large military cantonment under a ..."
2. Eighteen Years in the Khyber, 1879-1898 by Robert Warburton (1900)
"CHAPTER IV peshawar 1870-1872 AT the time of my appointment to the Panjab Commission, and of joining it at peshawar, in the month of July 1870, ..."
3. A History of the Sikhs, from the Origin of the Nation to the Battles of the by Joseph Davey Cunningham (1918)
"CHAPTER VII FROM THE ACQUISITION OF MULTAN, KASHMIR, AND peshawar, ... RANJIT SINGH had brought peshawar under his sway, Change in kut ^e complete reduction ..."
4. The Sunday at Home: A Family Magazine for Sabbath Reading by Religious Tract Society (Great Britain) (1879)
"The peshawar Christians have learnt that singing is a necessary part of God's worship. And I trust I shall not be thought to attach too much importance to ..."
5. The Life of John Nicholson: Soldier and Administrator; Based on Private and by Lionel James Trotter (1898)
"... KASHMIR AND peshawar, 1856-1857 ON Christmas Day of 1855 a brilliant company of soldiers and civilians with a few ladies came together in the peshawar ..."
6. Afghanistan: The First Five Years of Soviet Occupation by J. Bruce Amstutz (1994)
"9 OPPOSITION GROUPS IN peshawar: ATTEMPTS AT UNIFICATION Barely a month after ... This group was the National Rescue Front, established in peshawar by Dr. ..."
7. The Imperial Gazetteer of India by William Wilson Hunter (1887)
"from the Rawal Pindi and peshawar Divisions, and the married women and children are stationed at ..."