Definition of Petars
1. petar [n] - See also: petar
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Petars Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Petars
Literary usage of Petars
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Muster Rolls, Etc., 1743-1787 by Thomas Lynch Montgomery (1906)
"Michal petars. I do certify that the above is a Just & true return of the Last flve ... Michal petars. William Richardson. John Huffman. Jonathan Bowen. ..."
2. The Dramatic Works of John Wilson by John Wilson (1874)
"Taught you the use of up-hills, down-hills, and petars ? the wax'd, the grav'd, the slipt, the goad, the fullam, the flat, the bristle, the bar ;t and, ..."
3. The Dramatic Works of John Wilson by John Wilson (1874)
"Shew'd you the mystery of jack-in-a-box,* and the frail die 1 Taught you the use of up-hills, down-hills, and petars ? the wax'd, the grav'd, the slipt, ..."
4. Slang and Its Analogues Past and Present: A Dictionary, Historical and by John Stephen Farmer, William Ernest Henley (1902)
"7. (old gaming).—See quot. 1762. WILSON, The Cheats, iv. i. Did not I ... teach you . . . the use of up-hills, down-hills, and petars,* [• Note. ..."
5. Pennsylvania Archives by Pennsylvania Dept. of public instruction, Pennsylvania State library, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania State Library (1907)
"Lt. Colo., petars. Major, .las. More. B. Mr., Olliver. Gen'l Greens Orders. Seven Oclock Tomorrow Morning the Genl. will be at the Assembly at nine and the ..."