Definition of Petauristidae
1. Noun. Old World flying squirrels.
Generic synonyms: Mammal Family
Group relationships: Family Sciuridae, Sciuridae
Member holonyms: Asiatic Flying Squirrel, Genus Petaurista, Petaurista
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Petauristidae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Petauristidae
Literary usage of Petauristidae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Penal Code of the State of California: Adopted February 14, 1872, with by California, James Henry Deering, Charles Howard Fairall (1915)
"637a (cougars, wild cats), the order Rodentia (rats, mice, gophers), except the families Sciuridae and petauristidae (tree squirrels, flying squirrels); ..."
2. The Codes of California as Amended and in Force at the Close of the Forty by California (1915)
"... the family Felidae (cougars, wild cats), the order Rodentia (rats, mice, gophers), except the families Sciuridae and petauristidae (tree squirrels, ..."
3. Description of a New Species of Sea Snake from the Philippine Islands: With by John Van Denburgh, Joseph Cheesman Thompson (1908)
"... zone of southern California, from near the Mexican boundary northwest to the mountains of Ventura County (Mus. Vert. Zool.). Family petauristidae ..."
4. Biennial Supplement to Kerr's Cyclopedic California Codes: Containing All by California, James Manford Kerr (1917)
"... petauristidae (tree squirrels, flying squirrels, the black-tailed jack rabbit of the order Lagomorpha; and the following species of birds: blue jays, ..."