Definition of Peter lorre
1. Noun. United States actor (born in Hungary) noted for playing sinister roles (1904-1964).
Generic synonyms: Actor, Histrion, Player, Role Player, Thespian
Peter Lorre Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Peter Lorre Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Peter Lorre
Literary usage of Peter lorre
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Opposition and Dissent in Contemporary China by Peter R. Moody (1977)
"... Hsiao-p'ing,242 although if one looks at a picture of Teng (short, squat, grinning; peter lorre with a crew-cut) the analogy is not very compelling. ..."
2. Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage by Inc. Merriam-Webster (1994)
"... along —John Peden, quoted in NY Times, 26 May 1980 peter lorre and Sidney Greenstreet clones out to commit dastardly acts —Pat Sellers, US. 28 Sept. ..."
3. Hollywood & the Best of Los Angeles Alive!by Robert White, Phyllis White by Robert White, Phyllis White (2002)
"... Fleming (director of The Wizard of Oz and Gone With the Wind), Griffith J. Griffith (donor of Griffith Park), John Huston, Jesse Las- ky, peter lorre, ..."
4. Berlin and Potsdam by Eva Apraku (2001)
"Werner Krauss and many others stood before the camera here. Future Hollywood stars Greta Garbo. Marlene Dietrich and peter lorre. among others. began their ..."