Definition of Phalangiidae
1. Noun. A family of Phalangida.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Family
Group relationships: Opiliones, Order Opiliones, Order Phalangida, Phalangida
Member holonyms: Genus Phalangium, Phalangium
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Phalangiidae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Phalangiidae
Literary usage of Phalangiidae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Psyche by Cambridge Entomological Club (1893)
"BY CLARENCE M. WEED, HANOVER, NH The present paper is based upon a collection of phalangiidae kindly sent me at various times during the last three years by ..."
2. Annals and Magazine of Natural History by William Jardine (1861)
"Supplement to a Monograph on the British Species of phalangiidae, or Harvest-men. By RH MEADE, F.ll.CS IN June 1855, I published, in the 'Annals and ..."
3. A Manual of the Common Invertebrate Animals: Exclusive of Insects by Henry Sherring Pratt (1916)
"phalangiidae a, No such claw and the last segment much shorter thnn the preceding ... Key to the genera of phalangiidae here described : o, Eye tubercle of ..."
4. The Spider Book: A Manual for the Study of the Spiders and Their Near by John Henry Comstock (1912)
"The genera of the phalangiidae occurring in our fauna are separated by Banks ('0i) as follows: A. Male with the palpus enlarged, last joint shorter than the ..."
5. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and (1910)
"... belonging to the family phalangiidae, do not hibernate in temperate and more northern latitudes in Europe and America, but perish in the autumn, ..."
6. The Insect Book: A Popular Account of the Bees, Wasps, Ants, Grasshoppers by Leland Ossian Howard (1901)
"The term " daddy-long-legs " in this country is applied exclusively to the so-called harvest spiders of the family phalangiidae. ..."