Definition of Phase i
1. Noun. A clinical trial on a few persons to determine the safety of a new drug or invasive medical device; for drugs, dosage or toxicity limits should be obtained.
Phase I Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Phase I Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Phase I
Literary usage of Phase i
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers by American Institute of Electrical Engineers (1916)
"These are as follows: (a) phase i and phase II connected correctly (b) phase i reversed, phase II correct (c) phase i correct, phase II reversed (d) phase i ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"If usual phase I contraceptive lexicological studies are required (see Table 1), the following ... Formulation and tableting for phase I clinical studies. ..."
3. The Small Business Innovation Research Program: The First Decade (1993)
"I'm not sure that there's much you can do about the phase I because the phase I goes to experts who are reviewing and determining whether it should be ..."
4. The American Journal of Psychology by Granville Stanley Hall, Edward Bradford Titchener (1920)
"There was, in fact, a certain percentage of observations in which all three phases were noted; there were cases in which phase I was omitted, ..."
5. Small Business Innovation Research: Program Solicitation (1993)
"Each grant application will be judged competitively against the phase i evaluation criteria (see Section 4.2) on its own merit. Final decisions will be made ..."
6. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease by American Neurological Association, Philadelphia Neurological Society, Chicago Neurological Society, New York Neurological Association, Boston Society of Psychiatry and Neurology (1913)
"It will thus be seen that phase i and phase iI correspond to the Fraction I and Fraction II of Cimbal. The experiments of Nonne and his assistants were ..."
7. Department of Defense Anthrax Vaccine Immunization Program: Congressional edited by John Warner (2001)
"General West, how many doses are required to complete phase I of the DOD force wide ... phase i of the anthrax vaccine immunization program consists of ..."