Definition of Phaseolus coccineus
1. Noun. Tropical American bean with red flowers and mottled black beans similar to Phaseolus vulgaris but perennial; a preferred food bean in Great Britain.
Generic synonyms: Pole Bean
Phaseolus Coccineus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Phaseolus Coccineus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Phaseolus Coccineus
Literary usage of Phaseolus coccineus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Tissue Culture: Plants: A Bibliography, January 1992-March 1994 by Henry Gilbert (1995)
"P54 A method for long-term micropropagation of phaseolus coccineus L. Vaquero, F.; ... Language: English Descriptors: phaseolus coccineus; Micropropagation; ..."
2. Select Extra-tropical Plants, Readily Eligible for Industrial Culture Or by Ferdinand von Mueller (1891)
"Cultivated for its seeds, which are rather small, but copiously produced. A variety with edible roots occurs. phaseolus coccineus ..."
3. A Hand-book, Or, Concise Dictionary of Terms Used in the Arts and Sciences by Walter Hamilton (1825)
"phaseolus coccineus. The Botany, a genus of plants, of scarlet flowering kidney-bean. PHASEOLUS MUNGO. The hairy- headed kidney-bean. PHASEOLUS MAX. ..."
4. Plant Inventory by Agricultural Research Center-West (U.S.), United States Division of Botany, Horticultural Crops Research Branch, Agricultural Research Service, United States Dept. of Agriculture, United States, United States Bureau of Plant Industry, Northeastern Regi (1922)
"Common bean. " No. 29. Fríjol negro de mata. From Barillas, Huehuetenango." 53790. phaseolus coccineus K ..."