¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Photolytic
Medical Definition of Photolytic
1. Pertaining to photolysis. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Photolytic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Photolytic
Literary usage of Photolytic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Superfund Innovative Technology Evaluation Program: Technology Profiles (1993)
"The rate of photolytic degradation is several times faster with artificial UV light than with ... The end photolytic Degradation Process Using UV Lights ..."
2. Hydrogen & Fuel Cells: Review of National R&D Programs by International Energy Agency (2004)
"Biological and photolytic systems Recently, increased attention ... been focused on photolytic and biological means of hydrogen production. ..."
3. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1879)
"Discussion The thermal and photolytic ring-opening reactions of three ... The photolytic ring- opening reactions of three cyclohexa-2 ..."
4. The Journal of General Physiology by Society of General Physiologists, Rockefeller Institute, Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research (1920)
"If the intensity is maintained constant and the time varied, the photolytic effect is directly proportional to the time (Hecht, 1918-19, a). ..."
5. Contributions from the Bermuda Biological Station for Research by Bermuda Biological Station for Research (1916)
"... and (3) the products of its photolytic decomposition, which may or may not be identical with its precursors, we have all the essentials of a mechanism ..."
6. Air Quality Criteria for Oxides of Nitrogenby Dennis J. Kotchmar by Dennis J. Kotchmar (1996)
"One instrument used a photolytic NO2-to-NO converter, whereas the other employed a FeSO4 • 7H2O surface converter. In spiking tests, the instrument with the ..."