2. Verb. (transitive intransitive) To engage in phone phreaking. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Phreak
1. to gain illegal access to a long-distance telephone service to avoid tolls [v -ED, -ING, -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Phreak Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Phreak
Literary usage of Phreak
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Network Revolution: Confessions of a Computer Scientist by Jacques Vallee (1982)
"In October 1976, John T. Draper of Mountain View, California, alias "Captain Crunch," became the first Phone phreak to go to jail. When the FBI searched his ..."
2. Dedicated Computer Crime Units by J. Thomas McEwen (1988)
"In September, 1985, the Fremont Police Department established a bulletin board for the primary purpose of gathering intelligence on hackers and phreak- ers ..."
3. The Works of Sir Walter Ralegh, Kt by Sir Walter Raleigh, Thomas Birch, William Oldys (1829)
"... confirmed in error and obstinacy, which be first preached at Norwich, anno 1581, and wrote a book to justify his doctrine, for which bishop phreak of ..."
4. The Electronic Intrusion Threat to National Security and Emergency ...by DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (1998)
"... Intruder/Carder Newsletter Electronic Intruder Newsletter Phucked phreak Production—electronic intrusion Electronic Intruder/Anarchy Newsletter German ..."
5. Microcomputer Security by David J. Stang (1991)
"... all personnel who have access to any sensitive information have the required authorities as well as all appropriate clearances. phreak A name used by a ..."
6. Hackoff.com: An Historic Murder Mystery Set in the Internet Bubble and Rubble by Tom Evslin (2006)
""You hardly sound like a phreak, anymore," says Larry. "phreaks don't 'manage for profitability.'You sure you can still do your job? ..."