Definition of Physical attraction
1. Noun. A desire for sexual intimacy.
Generic synonyms: Desire
Specialized synonyms: Erotic Love, Love, Sexual Love, Aphrodisia, Anaphrodisia, Passion, Sensualism, Sensuality, Sensualness, Amativeness, Amorousness, Eroticism, Erotism, Sexiness, Fetish, Libido, Lecherousness, Lust, Lustfulness, Nymphomania, Satyriasis, The Hots
Derivative terms: Concupiscent, Erotic
Physical Attraction Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Physical Attraction Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Physical Attraction
Literary usage of Physical attraction
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. English Composition and Rhetoric by Alexander Bain (1888)
"... by the arts of suggestion, innuendo, and other devices for refining the grossness of the animal passions. 3. The next ingredient is physical attraction. ..."
2. Life in Mind & Conduct: Studies of Organic in Human Nature by Henry Maudsley (1902)
"II LOVE Its strength and subtilty—Infra-sensible undulations of energy—Love an overwhelming physical attraction—The harmony of reciprocal love—Beauty and ..."
3. The Correlation of Physical Forces by William Robert Grove (1862)
"... the difference of character would be a result which would equally follow from physical attraction of dissimilar substances, the previous characters of ..."
4. Fantasy Islands: A Man's Guide to Exotic Women and International Travel by Wade T. Wilson (1998)
"There is a big difference. These women probably won't be hanging out in American bars. The physical attraction of Asian Women Asian women have ..."
5. The Correlation of Physical Forces by William Robert Grove (1874)
"The main distinction between chemical affinity and physical attraction or aggregation, is the difference of character of the chemical compound from its ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Physical attraction