Definition of Picea abies
1. Noun. Tall pyramidal spruce native to northern Europe having dark green foliage on spreading branches with pendulous branchlets and long pendulous cones.
Picea Abies Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Picea Abies Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Picea Abies
Literary usage of Picea abies
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Plant Indicators: The Relation of Plant Communities to Process and Practice by Frederic Edward Clements (1920)
"... the word Sierran is used to include the mountain axis from California to British Columbia. THE PETRAN SUBALPINE FOREST. PICEA-ABIES ASSOCIATION. Extent. ..."
2. Computers and Information Technologies in Agricultural Production and edited by Karl R. Schneider (1997)
"C35 Using infrared thermography to access viability of Pinus sylvestris and Picea abies seedlings before planting. Egnell, G.; Orlander, G. Can-j-for-res. ..."
3. Reports and Awards by United States Centennial Commission (1878)
"The picea abies section contained some of the finest evergreen-trees for ornamental effect and ... Picea (Abies) Nordmanniana has already been mentioned. ..."
4. Journal of Horticulture, Cottage Gardener and Country Gentlemen (1866)
"Picea (Abies) pinsapo.—Height, 21j feet. Spread of branches, 60 feet in circumference. ... This tree has produced abundance of cones. Picea (Abies) ..."