Definition of Pick over
1. Verb. Separate or remove. "The customer picked over the selection"
Pick Over Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pick Over Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pick Over
Literary usage of Pick over
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1906)
"before lie threw the pick over, and then he threw the pick." He was then asked : "How long after you hollered, 'Look out below!' that you threw the pick? ..."
2. The American State Reports: Containing the Cases of General Value and by Abraham Clark Freeman (1906)
"... and threw the pick, and called out to the men below to look out"; that "he hollered 'look out' before he threw the pick over and then threw the pick. ..."
3. American Negligence Reports, Current Series Cited Am. Neg. Rep.: All the by United States (1906)
"before he threw the pick over, and then threw the pick." He was then asked: " How long after you hollered, ' Look out below!' that you threw the pick? ..."
4. The Corn Cook Book by Elizabeth O. Hiller (1918)
"Carefully pick over corn, discarding all unpopped kernels. Put corn in a hot mixing bowl slightly buttered, sprinkle with salt and stir briskly while ..."
5. Good Things to Eat, as Suggested by Rufus: A Collection of Practical Recipes by Rufus Estes (1911)
"CURRANT JULEP—pick over currants and measure two cups. ... CURRANT SHRUB—Pick over and mash two quarts of ripe currants, add one pint of vinegar, ..."