Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pictorialize Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pictorialize
Literary usage of Pictorialize
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Addresses and Proceedings by National Education Association of the United States, National Teachers' Association (U.S.)., American Normal School Association, Central College Association (1905)
"They are at once called upon to pictorialize what they saw by an effort of memory (reproductive imagination), together with anything suggested by the scene ..."
2. English Book-illustration of To-day: Appreciations of the Work of Living by Sketchley, Rose Esther Dorothea, 1875- (1903)
"Caricaturists, political cartoonists, news-illustrators and graphic humorists, the artists who pictorialize society, the stage, the slums or some other kind ..."
3. Smoked Glass by Robert Henry Newell (1868)
"... to pictorialize Impeachment for posterity is not far off. The man must be really great with VARNISH, you see, or the sublime historical" work may be ..."
4. Kultur in Cartoonsby Louis Raemaekers by Louis Raemaekers (1917)
""Here, indeed, is revealed the work not only of one who has the artistic imagination to pictorialize the savagery of the Kaiser and his obedient servants, ..."
5. Guidelines for the Evaluation of X.500 Directory Products by John Tebbutt (1996)
"The user may thus better pictorialize the part of the DIT in which she/he is interested. This process can also be used as a primitive search function. ..."
6. Art Studies: the "old Masters" of Italy: Painting by James Jackson Jarves (1861)
"... upon the tenets of Christianity as interpreted by a not-to-be-questioned authority. In its highest office it sought to pictorialize the spiritual idea. ..."
7. Writing to Sell: A Text-book of Literary Craftsmanship by Edwin Wildman (1914)
"Analyze, interpret, reveal, visualize, present, pictorialize, compare, /stir the reader, do not preach to him—he wishes to store his mind, ..."
8. Teaching in the Home: A Handbook for Intensive Fertilization of the Child by Adolf Augustus Berle (1915)
"Make everything tell and pictorialize everything. Pictures of such scenes are easily accessible, and show, not only the powerful forces at work, ..."