Definition of Piece of material
1. Noun. A separate part consisting of fabric.
Specialized synonyms: Bib, Chamois Cloth, Dishcloth, Dishrag, Drop Cloth, Dustcloth, Duster, Dustrag, Dust Cover, Dust Sheet, End, Oddment, Remainder, Remnant, Gore, Panel, Ground Cloth, Groundsheet, Guimpe, Gusset, Inset, Handkerchief, Hankey, Hankie, Hanky, Liner, Lining, Longyi, Lungi, Lungyi, Patch, Placket, Rag, Shred, Tag, Tag End, Tatter, Canvas, Canvass, Sail, Sheet, Swatch, Towel, Train
Generic synonyms: Cloth, Fabric, Material, Textile, Piece
Piece Of Material Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Piece Of Material Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Piece Of Material
Literary usage of Piece of material
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Architects' and Builders' Handbook: Data for Architects, Structural by Frank Eugene Kidder (1921)
"It has been found by experience that the effect of a live load or. a beam or other piece of material has twice the destructive tendency of a dead load of ..."
2. Structural Engineering by John Edward Kirkham (1914)
"According to Hooke's Law, if we know the distortion of any one piece of material subjected to a known stress, we can determine the distortion of any other ..."
3. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann (1913)
"It is a square piece of material often embroidered with a sword and intended as an ornament; it is hung at the right side on the cincture and falls to the ..."
4. Applied Mechanics: An Elementary General Introduction to the Theory of by James Henry Cotterill (1884)
"If a piece of material through which energy is transmitted yield under stress applied to it, as in fact it always does, the energy exerted will not be equal ..."
5. Laying Down and Taking Off by Charles Desmond (1919)
"Apron above stem knee is formed of a separate piece of material, the line of joint with stem following along bearding line. Fastenings are clearly shown on ..."
6. A Manual of Telegraph Construction: The Mechanical Elements of Electric by John Christie Douglas (1875)
"A load may be applied transversely in three ways as follows:—The piece of material may be bent and ultimately broken across; the strain in this case is ..."
7. The Craftsman by Gustav Stickley (1907)
"Every piece of material should be weighed and measured, and the amount jotted down in a book. Afterward, it can be ascertained how far it went Good, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Piece of material