Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pillarless Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pillarless
Literary usage of Pillarless
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1895)
"... —pillarless), and continuing the decipherment of arrow- headed inscriptions throughout the tenure of his office in Turkish Arabia—a labour supplemented ..."
2. Old English Instruments of Music: Their History and Character by Francis William Galpin (1911)
"... important part in the Consorts ; for we notice that they are frequently depicted in the mural paintings, together with the Oriental pillarless Harp and ..."
3. The Antiquary by Edward Walford, John Charles Cox, George Latimer Apperson (1893)
"It was laid out for dinner, as was also the " Steward's Hall," another generally been supposed to be of the time of fine wide vaulted and pillarless ..."
4. The English Illustrated Magazine (1887)
"... of which we see so many and of which we light on yet another here, where there is little beyond the nave, wide and pillarless after the local usage, ..."
5. Little Theater Classics by Samuel Atkins Eliot (1922)
"IZRAIL (in his deep, hard barytone, majestically) Under this pillarless vault no palate ever tasted the sweets of life but it had soon to be embittered with ..."