Definition of Pilularia
1. Noun. Pillworts.
Group relationships: Family Marsileaceae, Marsileaceae
Member holonyms: Pillwort, Pilularia Globulifera
Generic synonyms: Fern Genus
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pilularia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pilularia
Literary usage of Pilularia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Naturalist by American Society of Naturalists, Essex Institute (1904)
"Johnson's studies on the sporocarp of both Marsilia and pilularia bear out this, and a comparison with ..."
2. The Cell in Development and Inheritance by Edmund Beecher Wilson (1906)
"Fertilization in pilularia. [C.VMi-in I I.] AB Early stages in the formation of the spermatozoid. C. The mature spermatozoid ; the nucleus lies above in the ..."
3. Botany by Geological Survey of California, William Henry Brewer, Sereno Watson, Asa Gray (1880)
"pilularia, Linn. Sporocarps globose, longitudinally 2-4-celled, dehiscent from the apex; the cells with parietal placenta-like cushions bearing in the upper ..."
4. Magazine of Zoology and Botany by Prideaux John Selby, George Johnston, William Jardine (1837)
"Remarks on the Reproductive Organs of pilularia ... Sir WJ Hooker gives the following definition of the genus pilularia: " Involucres solitary, ..."
5. Comparative Anatomy of the Vegetative Organs of the Phanerogams and Ferns by Anton Bary (1884)
"... in pilularia, Equisetum, Botrychium, Blechnum brasiliense, and Cyathea medullaris, tetrarch in Equisetum, the Blechnum above mentioned, and Cyathea. ..."
6. The Cell in Development and Inheritance by Edmund Beecher Wilson (1897)
"Fertilization in pilularia. [CAMPBELL.] AH Early stages in the formation of the spermatozoid. ('. The mature spermatozoid; the nucleus lies above in the ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Pilularia