Definition of Pocks
1. Noun. (plural of pock) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Pocks
1. pock [v] - See also: pock
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pocks Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pocks
Literary usage of Pocks
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Edinburgh Medical Journal (1884)
"It is not uncommon for even confluent cases, with a dozen or more pocks under which ... In these cases haemorrhage beneath the pocks occurs about, say, ..."
2. On diseases of the skin: A System of Cutaneous Medicine by Erasmus Wilson (1868)
"... produced true variola, and inoculation with the matter of the lous pocks gave him vaccinia. ... pocks ..."
3. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1869)
"It is true that no pocks were visible in the fauces, but the frequent vomiting and marked diarrhœa which persisted during the first five or six days of the ..."
4. A Handbook of Vaccination by Edward Cator Seaton (1868)
"OF pocks IN OTHER ANIMALS WHICH HAVE BEEN CONSIDERED ANALOGOUS TO COW-POX AND HORSE-POX. 18. Sheep-pox—By far the most interesting and important of these is ..."
5. A Complete Collection of State Trials and Proceedings for High Treason and ...by Thomas Bayly Howell by Thomas Bayly Howell (1816)
"... did speak the words of the defendant But as to the second thing, it did not appear that the wot ils spoken did mean the French pocks ; and words are to ..."
6. The renewal of life by Thomas King Chambers (1865)
"... observing them—Action of oxygen on the general health of the patient and on the skin contrasted— Microscopical examination of the contents of the pocks, ..."
7. The Compt Buik of David Wedderburne, Merchant of Dundee, 1587-1630: Together by David Wedderburne, Alexander Hastle Millar (1898)
"... land wyne fyve pece of waid thrie pocks Item to Alexr andersone of land wyne thrie pece ... tua barrell Item to Jon copping of waid thrie pocks To andro ..."