Definition of Pokable
1. poke [adj] - See also: poke
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pokable Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pokable
Literary usage of Pokable
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of the Annual Meeting (1883)
"advantages usually claimed for the open fireplace are, that it is cheerful, 1 pokable," and conducive to ventilation, but to these may be added another of ..."
2. The Year-book of Facts in Science and Art by John Timbs (1873)
"... freedom from draught, efficient ventilation, and utilisation of the heat, may all be combined with the presence of the visible pokable fire. ..."
3. The Scientific Works of C. William Siemens ...: A Collection of Papers and by Charles William Siemens (1889)
"The advantages usually claimed for the open fireplace are, that it is cheerful, ' pokable,' and conducive to ..."
4. Report by British Association for the Advancement of Science (1873)
"... all be combined with the presence of the visible pokable fire. Some members of this Association may recollect the paper that was read before it at the ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Pokable