Definition of Police academy
1. Noun. An academy for training police officers.
Police Academy Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Police Academy Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Police Academy
Literary usage of Police academy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Developing a Law Enforcement Stress Program for Officers and Their Families by Peter Finn, Julie E. Tomz (1998)
"One of the police psychologists in the Michigan State Police Department's Behavioral Science Section attended a police academy for municipal officers and ..."
2. The New York City Police Department's "Stop and Frisk" Practices: A Report by Eliot Spitzer (2000)
"A. Training of Recruits at the police academy Prior to being assigned actual street duty, all NYPD recruits undergo an extensive seven-month training ..."
3. Policing the New World Disorder: Peace Operations and Public Security by Robert B. Oakley, Michael J. Dziedzic, Eliot M. Goldberg (1998)
"A selection team, consisting of one representative of the Ministry of Justice, one of the National police academy, and a police chief commissioner, ..."
4. Report of the Independent Commission on the Los Angeles Police Department edited by Warren Christopher (1998)
"Each recruit spends approximately six months at the police academy. ... The quality of instruction at the police academy is generally impressive. ..."
5. The Struggle for Land in Brazil: Rural Violence Continues by Jemera Rone (1992)
"Edi, just graduated from the police academy, was an attorney who had practiced law for several years in the rough gold prospecting areas of Para\ ..."
6. South Korea: A Country Study by Andrea Matles Savada, William Shaw (1992)
"Recruitment and training were done through the Central police academy, the National Police College, and the Police Consolidated Training School. ..."
7. Police Practices and Civil Rights in New York City: A Report of the United edited by Mary Frances Berry (2000)
"With respect to the Commission's recommendation to create a Board of Visitors for the Pouce Academy to review the police academy curriculum, such a board ..."