Definition of Polychaeta
1. Noun. Marine annelid worms.
Group relationships: Annelida, Phylum Annelida
Member holonyms: Polychaete, Polychaete Worm, Polychete, Polychete Worm, Lobworm, Lug, Lugworm, Family Terebellidae, Terebellidae
Generic synonyms: Class
Medical Definition of Polychaeta
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Polychaeta Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Polychaeta
Literary usage of Polychaeta
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Cambridge Natural History by Sidney Frederick Harmer, Arthur Everett Shipley (1896)
"THE polychaeta are marine worms whose bodies are usually elongated and ... The classification of polychaeta adopted in this work is as follows:l — 1 This is ..."
2. The Encyclopædia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"... and polychaeta. The difference is that it a broken up into a complex sinus system. The least modified r*,-je is shown by ..."
3. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: “a” Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature edited by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"The setae of the polychaeta are disposed in ' two bundles in many genera, ... Among the polychaeta the sexual worm is often more marked from the asexual ..."
4. Proceedings by Zoological Society of London (1904)
"The polychaeta of the Maldive Archipelago from the Collections maile by J. Stanley Gardiner in IM'H. By CYRIL CROSSLAND, BA, B.Se., FZS, th. ..."