Definition of Pomaderris
1. Noun. A genus of Australasian shrubs and trees.
Generic synonyms: Dicot Genus, Magnoliopsid Genus
Group relationships: Buckthorn Family, Family Rhamnaceae, Rhamnaceae
Member holonyms: Hazel, Hazel Tree, Pomaderris Apetala
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pomaderris Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pomaderris
Literary usage of Pomaderris
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Official Catalogue of Exhibits, Essays, Etc. by Philadelphia exhibition, Commission, Victoria (1876)
"... (A. Cunningham) 1964 Pittosporum tenuifolium (Banks and Solander) 1965 Pittosporum undulatum (Ven- tenat 1966 pomaderris elliptica ..."
2. The Green-house Companion: Comprising a General Course of Green-house and by John Claudius Loudon (1825)
"P. elliptica, oval-leaved pomaderris, BM 1510, and P. lanigera, woolly-leaved pomaderris, BM 1823, BC 357, are also New Holland shrubs, flowering in May and ..."
3. Austral English: A Dictionary of Australasian Words, Phrases, and Usages by Edward Ellis Morris (1898)
"164: " There is a secluded hollow of this kind near Kangaroo Bottom, near Hobart Town, where the common dogwood of the colony (pomaderris apetala) has ..."
4. Austral English: A Dictionary of Australasian Words, Phrases, and Usages by Edward Ellis Morris (1898)
"In parts of Tasmania, pomaderris apetala, Lab., Ar. 0. ... where the common dogwood of the colony (pomaderris apetala) has sprung up so thick and tall, ..."