Definition of Pomroy
1. pomeroy [n -S] - See also: pomeroy
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pomroy Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pomroy
Literary usage of Pomroy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Washington and the Generals of the American Revolution by Rufus Wilmot Griswold, William Gilmore Simms, Edward Duncan Ingraham (1848)
"SETH pomroy was from Northampton, Massachusetts. He entered the military service at an early age, and acted a conspicuous part in the bloody battle of Lake ..."
2. The Public Records of the Colony of Connecticut [1636-1776] by Connecticut, Connecticut General Assembly, Connecticut Council, James Hammond Trumbull, Connecticut Council of Safety, Charles Jeremy Hoadly (1880)
"ment,* the Revd Mr. Benjamin pomroy of Hebron Chaplain of the 4th regiment, ordered by this Assembly to be raised for the ensuing expedition. ..."
3. The Documentary History of the State of New-York: Arranged Under Direction by New York (State). Secretary's Office (1851)
"pomroy. Johnson Hall October 16th 1762 Sir The other day I was favoured with yours of ... I am Sir Your well wisher and Humble Servant The Revd Mr pomroy. ..."
4. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Court of the State of by New York (State). Supreme Court, William G. Banks, George Caines (1885)
"pomroy v. The Col . IM. Co. ANONYMOUS. A new count on the demise of a now lessor, may on terms be added ... pomroy against THE COLUMBIAN INSURANCE COMPANY. ..."
5. Captains of Industry ...: A Book for Young Americans by James Parton (1891)
"SETH pomroy was the gunmaker of Northampton, in Massachusetts, from 1727 to the Revolutionary War. The gunsmith's trade was an exceedingly important one in ..."
6. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances by Charles Wareing Endell Bardsley (1901)
"Pomeroy, pomroy. — Local, de la pommeraye,' at the apple orchard, from residence ... Pascoe pomroy and Eliz. Wilson : Marriage Lie. (London), ii. 239. MDB. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Pomroy