Definition of Pool ball
1. Noun. Ball used in playing pool.
Pool Ball Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pool Ball Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pool Ball
pool ball (current term)
Literary usage of Pool ball
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Chamber's Encyclopaedia: A Dictionary of Universal Knowledge (1891)
"A red pyramid ball must first be played on, and, if it is holed, the striker must then play on a pool ball. The pool balls score two, three, four, five, ..."
2. The Art of Practical Billiards for Amateurs by Alfred Wilks Drayson (1889)
"When a player has pocketed a pyramid ball, he must play at a pool ball. If each pool ball is covered by a pyramid ball, the player is said to be "snookered. ..."
3. Accident Insurance Manual: A Directory of Plans and Contracts of the Leading (1916)
"Prop., supervising only B Bill Poster ; D Billiard and pool ball Maker D Billiard and pool ball Manufacturer, superintending I lüli i ni and pool ball ..."
4. On Causation: With a Chapter on Belief by Charles Arthur Mercier (1916)
"Two or more instances of green colour (a bucket, an armchair, and a pool ball) have only one circumstance (that they are green) in common; this circumstance ..."
5. On Causation: With a Chapter on Belief by Charles Arthur Mercier (1916)
"If two or more instances (a bucket, an armchair, and a pool ball) of the phenomenon under investigation (green colour) have only one other circumstance ..."
6. Conservation Laws by Benjamin Crowell (2003)
"(b) Example: A pool ball hits another pool ball, and transfers some KE. Page 44, problem 11: Suppose the river is 1 m deep, 100 m wide, and flows at a speed ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Pool ball