Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Poppit Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Poppit
Literary usage of Poppit
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Turner's Manual: Being a Complete Translation of the Valuable Work of L by L.-E. Bergeron (1877)
"This plan is infinitely more convenient for this kind of poppit, which has to be frequently removed. But in this case the bolt must be fixed in the ..."
2. The Lathe & Its Uses: Or, Instruction in the Art of Turning Wood and Metal by James Lukin (1868)
"A is the poppit, of the full height of the ordinary lathe heads, ... The form of the poppit without this attachment is shown in Fig. 12. ..."
3. T leaves: a collection of pieces written for public reading by Edward Francis Turner (1882)
"Mr. and Mrs. Wiffin, and Miss Sarah Wiffin, their daughter, lodged on the first floor; and Mr. Paul poppit lodged on the second floor. ..."
4. Routledge's Every Boy's Annual by Edmund Routledge (1868)
"The other poppit js not to be bored till the mandril and collar are prepared. ... This poppit must also be now firmly fixed, and care must be taken to set ..."
5. Archaeologia Cambrensis by Cambrian Archaeological Association, Donald Moore, Thomas Rowland Powel (1902)
"I remember the stone near poppit Road being removed several times from one place to another on the farm. The first place I saw it was on the road between ..."
6. The Young Mechanic: Containing Directions for the Use of All Kinds of Tools by James Lukin (1872)
"Its use is to hold one end of any piece of wood while the other is supported by the point, E, of the poppit, H, which poppit can be moved at pleasure along ..."