Definition of Populated area
1. Noun. A geographical area constituting a city or town.
Specialized synonyms: Megalopolis, Conurbation, Sprawl, Urban Sprawl, Municipality, New Town, Barrio
Specialized synonyms: Rustbelt, Twin Cities
Generic synonyms: Geographic Area, Geographic Region, Geographical Area, Geographical Region
Terms within: Common, Commons, Green, Park
Antonyms: Rural Area
Populated Area Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Populated Area Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Populated Area
Literary usage of Populated area
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Journal of Analytical and Applied Chemistry by Edward Hart (1891)
"Thickly populated area. By Clifford Richardson I The Unit for Atomic Weights. By WA Noyes 36 The Detection and Estimation of Titanium. ..."
2. Trukese-English Dictionary by Ward Hunt Goodenough, Hiroshi Sugita (1980)
"be heavily populated, of wide membership. populated area ... place of habitation, populated area, inhabited area. population ..."
3. The Sweden Year-book: 1936 -- . (1921)
"The densely populated area, with a rather uniform density of 50—75 ... The sparsely populated area embraces the wooded districts on the fringe of the ..."
4. Technology for the United States Navy and Marine Corps., 2000-2035: Becoming edited by David Heebner (1998)
"Every substantial building in a heavily populated area can be turned into a small fortress; if it is reduced to rubble, the rubble favors the defense. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Populated area